Subscribe Now: Feed

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Language Resources


For me it's pretty hard to find decent Korean resources, as opposed to resources for French and Arabic (which I'm getting into). So far this week I've been searching for some new books because I've gotten tired of using one for Korean as of now (Living Language Korean). I bought the Berlitz Korean Concise Dictionary, along with Teach Yourself Arabic, Easy Arabic Grammar, and Teach Yourself Swahili. I've heard TY Arabic was good, TY Swahili is alright I presume, and Easy Arabic Grammar is darn amazing.

I want to buy:
Korean Grammar for International Learners published by Yonsei University
Integrated Korean (thinking about it, but I heard it's better for classroom use)
Step by Step Korean, I was referred to this one (like the others) and it looks pretty good
Teach Yourself Korean, I know it uses romanization throughout the book (bad for serious learners) but since I can already read Hangul I assume that I'll get it just to see how it compares to LL Korean.

For French I already have LL French, Berlitz 601 French verbs, and a huge french grammar review workbook and a few books my French teacher let me borrow.

Swahili, all I have for it is TY Swahili. I'm still deciding on whether or not I want to study this seriously or not. I might put it off for awhile when I start Arabic (waiting for TY Arabic to get mailed to me). Then again it has some influences from Arabic so learning them simultaneously wouldn't be a bad idea.

I bought an Oxford Chinese-English, English-Chinese dictionary. I plan on getting into Mandarin Chinese eventually. I was tempted to buy TY Cantonese, and I'm getting TY Mandarin soon, but I decided wait to buy Mandarin because Cantonese isn't what I planned to learn.

I love buying books/cds that will help me in any language I'm learning. The downsides though:
- Less space in my room to store stuff. I need to buy a book shelf to put in my already cramped room.
- A lot of money! Spent over $110 bucks in the last two days, money goes so fast when you're learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment